As we approach the end of the year, make every dollar count. Donate to the Northern New Jersey Community Foundation (NNJCF) and help us continue to build resilient communities in the region. The NNJCF improves community life through its work in the arts, civic engagement, education, the environment, philanthropy, and public health. We work with our partners to build stronger communities in New Jersey by answering the question, “What can we do together that we can’t do alone?”.
When making a contribution to the NNJCF, consider these strategies to donate in the most tax efficient way possible.
- Give Appreciated Stock. Many donors still hold stocks with built-in capital gains—despite recent market volatility. You receive a charitable income tax deduction for a gift of stock (subject to AGI limitations), while permanently avoiding embedded capital gains that may otherwise become costly future tax liabilities.
- Make Qualified Charitable Distributions. Individuals over age 70½ can donate up to $100,000 from their IRA (provided the gift goes directly to a charity, not to a Donor-Advised Fund or private foundation). The gift, which can serve as a Required Minimum Distribution from an IRA, provides a particularly tax-savvy move for those taking the standard deduction.
Other Ways to Give Back
Other options exist to donate without impacting your daily finances. Consider these possibilities.
- Charitable Bequests. A bequest allows you to leave money to a cherished organization through your will or trust after you pass on. This costs nothing now and supports our future, while leaving an enduring legacy.
- Volunteer. Give your time and talent. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss and identify how you can help.
- Share Our Mission. Help drive awareness about our work by sharing information about the Northern New Jersey Community Foundation with your friends and colleagues. Use social media, e-mails, newsletters, conversations at events and festive occasions, etc. Your endorsement goes a long way and is appreciated!
Roughly one-third of all charitable giving takes place at the end of the year. We appreciate being included in your year-end giving plans. For additional information about end-of-year giving, read this article provided by Alliance Bernstein.
To aid your charitable giving, learn more about the Northern New Jersey Community Foundation. Check the focus areas on our website. For further information, call 201-568-5608 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate directly on the Northern New Jersey Community Foundation’s website. The NNJCF also welcomes donations by check. Make checks out to ‘The Northern NJ Community Foundation’. Send checks to the Northern New Jersey Community Foundation, 1 University Plaza, Suite 128, Hackensack, New Jersey 07601. Donations to the Northern New Jersey Community Foundation are tax-deductible, as permissible by law.