Position Opens: Northern NJ Community Foundation Seeks Assistant
Position Opens for Foundation Assistant
The Northern New Jersey Community Foundation announces a position for Foundation Assistant to work part-time (15-20 hr/wk) in the organization’s office in Hackensack, New Jersey. The Foundation Assistant supports the various functions of the foundation’s operation, including overseeing the processes of our donor services. The ideal candidate is a professional self-starter, detail-oriented, with excellent communication and writing skills. He/she should enjoy working independently and is eager to jump in where needed. For the right person, the position offers room to grow. Previous experience working for a non-profit organization is a plus.
The Northern New Jersey Community Foundation (NNJCF), a nonprofit, 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt organization, was founded by a group of Rotarians in 1998. Its mission is to improve community life through its work in education, public health, civic engagement, the arts, philanthropy, and the environment. Central to its success is fostering collaboration among local governments, school districts, businesses, non-profits, and citizen groups. Our partners are building stronger communities in Northern New Jersey by answering the question, “What can we achieve together that we cannot alone?”
The responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Organize all office operations.
- Oversee database and processing of all fund donations and acknowledgement letters.
- Draft and edit correspondence, including inquiries and other communication.
- Update website with new content.
- Maintain hard and electronic filing system and other records.
- Manage the general Foundation email inbox.
- Maintain and work to build stakeholder and donor database.
- Assist with producing Connect the Dots networking events.
- Conduct research to assist the development of projects.
- Manage general office responsibilities including filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning, processing and distributing mail and deliveries.
- Order office supplies; ensure office efficiency; maintain overall appearance of office.
- Attending events on behalf of the Foundation, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of social media, Constant Contact, and WordPress a plus.
- Detail oriented, organized, able to multi-task and follow instructions.
- Adaptable to frequent change and work well under pressure.
- Positive attitude, an interest in community development is a plus.
Wage is commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.